Community Council Minutes
May 13, 2019
Adams leveled Library
May 13, 2019
Adams leveled Library
Trustland's Budget Update:
- Look on back of Agenda for notes for information
- Look at last year's budget update, and look at 2019-2020 summary of estimated expenditures from all goals for next year.
- We will put on our agendas for the future: a running list of what we need, continue to keep list current to maintain what we need.
TV and Vivi Update:
- Sundee has been doing a lot of research to find out how to maintain the smartboards.
- The cost is so much better to pay for the big 76-inch TV and Vivi to "mirror" things.
- Money for these is not from Trustland's money.
- The new and improved system will be better because NO projectors necessary, no replacements/repairs/maintenance for smartboards; what a great thing!
- They will be up and ready before June 3 and 4 will be training fro teachers.
Results of Paretn Survey
- Discussion about the calendar.
- Days off should be the same to make it easier for families and for day care.
- Frank is wondering if the questions were accurate or if maybe we need different questions.
- Liz is wondering if there could be more comments.
- There needs to be more safety. As it is, anyone can come inot any part of the school/property.
- There will be new vistibules installed where school visitors will have to be "buzzed in" and there will be cameras installed.
- The recent danger from the man who was threatening school swas disturbing for parents, information went out fast to Cache District parents, so Logan parents were a little behind getting the information.
- Mike reassured everyone that Logan was on it as quick as Cache. There is no reason to worry.
Discussion about parent/teacher conferencesf
- It takes a long time in the middle school because the wait is long.
- Sometimes the overlap is difficult.
- It looks like the schedule is better for next year including end of September and beginning of February.
- If people who strongly agree or strongly disagree could add comments to survey, it would help.
Neighborhood Outreach - First Week of School:
- When can we take thank you cards/notes to the great neighborhoods watching out for our school?
Year End Review:
- Continue feeding free breakfast
- Continue our pick-up rules and drop-off rule. (Staff needs to stop parking on the other side of the street; please use the parking lot.) It's still kind of a long line for pre-school, kindergarten, and 1st grade.
- Continue the pantry and food for weekends.
- Continue the Christmas Dinner delivery. Find more families in need.
- Continue activities and field trips.
- Please thing about starting a homework room or something to help kids who need to get work finished.
- Lets get tot the bottom of whay and possibly get them into afterschool club.
- There is the prep time option if work needs finished.
- If students aren't understanding, we need to give help.
- But, also kids need the mental and social and physical growth.
- Getting to the bottom of what kids need is important.
Look at Important Dates
- Notice tomorrow the pop-up assembly celebrating sight word growth.
- Notice next year August 19th back to school night and September 10th first Community Council Meeting.
- Have we told you reese-ntly how thankful ew are for you...(reeses peanut butter bars) :)
- Thanks for everything everyone!